Articles that support the thesis that, if you SING DAILY, you will be a little bit happier. Maybe a lot happier? In any case, read on for more info.
- “Singing in a choir may be the ‘new exercise’” from CNBC by Daniel Pink
- “The music ‘has an effect on mind and heart,” he said, adding, ‘It makes for a happy life.'” from “Singing Their Way Through Retirement” from the NYTimes Special Retirement section Sunday, 2/25/18 11 Surprising Health Benefits of Singing
- “10 Reasons To Make Singing Your Happiness” from Huff Post
- “Choir Choir Choir” sings “Because The Night” with an audience on TedX
- “Singing Show Tunes Helps Fight Dementia” from The Daily News
- “Music and Emotion” from Wikipedia
- “Francisco Nunez is Changing Lives Through Singing” from The Harmonizer
- INSPIRED TO SING – Why are Vocal Warm-Ups Important?
- “Music As The Brain’s Universal Language”
AND, did you know…Singing to children may help development of language skills??
ARTICLES used in Just Add Music (to make school Positive, Engaging & Relevant):
- “Music Develops Children’s Social and Emotional Skills” from “Raising Small Souls”
- “Music and Learning: Integrating Music in the Classroom” by Chris Boyd Brewer
- “Keeping Music Alive” by Bonnie Baer-Simahk
- “8 Ways To Use Music In The Language Arts Classroom” by Heather Wolpert Gawron
- “Different Drummers: Using Music To Teach History” by Alex Zukas
- “Teaching: Just Like Performing Magic” (a discussion with Teller of Penn & Teller) by Jessica Lahey in The Atlantic
- “Teachers Urged to Mix it Up and Use Novelty to Engage Students” by Caralee Adams in Education Week